Who can participate?
More information about being a ReCAPS participant
The ReCAPS trial is not suitable for every person who has a stroke. To take part you need to meet specific criteria, which means you must answer yes to each of the following:
- discharge home from hospital within 10 days of stroke onset
- confirmed diagnosis of stroke
- aged 18 years or older
- able to use SMS/email technology and have access to the internet
- able to communicate in English
- not in need of constant care
- able to provide written consent
Participation in the ReCAPS trial is completely voluntary. If you would rather not take part, for any reason, or you choose to withdraw from the trial at any point after joining, please be assured that this will not affect the care you receive from your health professionals at any stage, before or after your discharge from hospital.