Expression of interest if you think your hospital would like to participate in the ReCAPS trial
We are seeking expressions of interests from an additional 4 hospitals. We will provide the following to participating hospitals to offset any additional work this project might create:
- $2000 start-up fee to compensate the hospital for site initiation expenses that may require clinical staff to be backfilled during training and the contribution to facilitation of site governance approvals, completion of screening logs and other administrative tasks during the 12-month study
- a ‘per patient’ fee of $200 to compensate hospitals for their time in the recruitment of patients in the hospital and in undertaking the baseline assessments.
In addition, we will supply each site an iPad so that baseline data entry can be done directly into our secure online system.
Full support will be provided by ReCAPS study personnel throughout the trial. The expected tasks and time commitment for site research personnel is approximately 1 hour per patient including screening and involves the following processes:
- site ethics application, with which the ReCAPS study personnel can assist
- undergoing training delivered by ReCAPS study personnel at site initiation visit
- screening for eligible patients (screening log to be uploaded into data capture tool REDCap)
- educating patients on study procedures and completing informed consent prior to discharge
- completion of baseline questionnaires prior to discharge:
- Modified Rankin Scale
- Health Education Impact
- Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale
- Health resource utilisation and cost
- Discharge medications
- provision of evidence-based goal-setting menu to patients to help them identify between 2 and 5 recovery goals they would like to work on during the intervention period.
Which patients do we seek to recruit?
To facilitate identification of eligible patients we have created a swing tag for your staff to wear on their lanyards.
How many patients is my site expected to contribute?
We would expect each participating hospital to contribute approximately 60-100 participants during the recruitment phase which is expected to be completed by December 2021. Depending on how soon your site is up and running, this could mean recruiting only 1-2 patients per week.
Expressions of interest in the trial can be discussed with either the principle investigator firstname.lastname@example.org or the clinical trial coordinator team on telephone 03 8572 2655 or email email@example.com
To register your site for the ReCAPs trial please review and complete the feasibility questionnaire here to download this form or complete online using this link [ReCAPS Feasibility Survey] which will give you an idea of what is required for the ReCAPS protocol to run successfully at your site. It is preferable that the person likely to take on the Principal Investigator role at your site completes this form.4